We respect your right to privacy.
In accordance with the Victorian Health Records Act 2001 and Privacy Act, our practice respects your right to privacy.
We realise that it is important that you understand the purpose for which we collect details about your health, as well as how this information is used at our practice and to whom this information might be disclosed.
1. Certain information is collected for the purpose of providing treatment to you. Personal information such as your name, address and health insurance details will be used for the purpose of addressing accounts to you, as well as processing payments and writing to you about our services and any issues affecting your treatment.
2. We may disclose your health information to other health care professionals or require it from them if, in our judgement that is necessary in the context of your treatment. In that event, disclosure of your personal details will be minimised wherever possible.
3. We may also use parts of your health information in study groups or at seminars as this may provide benefit to other patients. Should that happen, your personal identity will not be disclosed without your consent to do so.
4. Your medical history, treatment records, x-rays and other material relevant to your treatment will be kept here. You may inspect or request copies of our records of your treatment at any time, or seek an explanation from the dentist. Statutory fees will apply in relation to the types of access you seek. If you request an explanation of our records or a written summary, our usual fees apply to these services.
5. If any of the information we have about you is inaccurate, you may ask us to alter our records accordingly.
You can otherwise rest assured that your health information will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Disclosure will not be made to any person not involved in either your treatment or the administration of this practice without your prior written consent. If you have any queries or concerns about the handling of your health information, please do not hesitate to raise these concerns with our practice.