The treatment process for dentures
New dentures can require 4 to 6 appointments; and usually the appointments are one week apart.
The appointments typically look like:
- Consultation/initial impression
- Second impression in custom trays with tooth selection
- Gathering of jaw position
- Trial: the insertion of a wax version of the new denture. This gives you the opportunity to see what the denture will look like and allow you to make any requests.
- The finished denture is fitted. It can take up to 8 weeks to become accustomed to the new denture.
- Adjustment appointments are made as you need them to ease any irritation.
If you would like more information, or to request an appointment, please contact us today.